Listening to the FM radio while driving across the South West of USA was a great way to set the tone of the trip. Just pushing the seek button and stopping when there was a good song was leaving my soundtrack to happenstance. There were a couple of things I found out:
- for every rock station there is three country stations, at least three christian music/talk and about four Spanish speaking stations;
- Bohemian Rhapsody from beginning to end is about five miles of driving;
- catching a glimpse of your reflection in the windscreen while singing along (with hand gestures) to Sweet Caroline is hilarious. But hands do need to reach out and touch. I promise you;
- I know more Led Zeppelin songs that I than I realised;
- I don't understand how Taylor Swift can make the word 'eyes' into two words. That is just wrong.
- The US really likes Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers.
I would like to give a shout out to the following radio stations for creating the soundtrack of my roadtrip.